|#||Online casino||Bonus||Blackjack games||Casino promotions||Play||USA|
What are the Blackjack terms?
Here is the list of the most common blackjack terms.
- basic strategy: this is a set of predefined decisions for each situation a player may face; this guarantees nearly optimal play.
- blackjack variants: Chinese Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack, Blackjack Switch, ...
- bust: to go over 21.
- card counting: a strategy to remember which cards have already come out of the deck to detect when there is a low or high count of remaining high cards.
- dealer: the dealer represent the casino, distributes the cards and plays against the players following a predefined strategy.
- double down: the player has the option to double his bet by placing a new bet equal to the first one, and he will be dealt one and only one more card.
- hit: to hit is to ask for an additional card.
- house advantage: the fact that the dealer has statistically more chance to win over the long run.
- insurance: a side bet against the dealer having blackjack when his face up card is an ace.
- no hole-card: the dealer does not see his face down card until the players have started to act.
- pat hand: a hand where the dealer does not need to draw another card.
- push: when the dealer and player have the same points, no one wins.
- split a pair: if dealt a pair, the player can add the same bet and play each card separately, in other words play two hands.
- stand: when the player does not want more cards.
- surrender: the player get the option to forego his hand by losing half his bet.
Now it is time for you to visit one of the best online casinos if you wish to play blackjack online.
Good Luck at the blackjack tables.